Ladies, we need to talk about eye care. At a time where more than ever before women are spending money on Lash and brow enhancements, fillers and botox we thought it is important to take it back a step and highlight things you can be doing at home for a fraction of the cost in order to maintain and care for your delicate skin around the eyes.
The skin surrounding the eyes is only a fraction of the depth of skin everywhere else on the body. As a guide skin around the eyes is approximately .5mm thick compared to 2-3mm on your face. As we age we lose collagen and elasticity, making the skin even thinner. Thinning skin allows blood vessels to become more visible to the naked eye, contributing to the appearance of dark circles.
Sometimes, what appears to be dark circles may merely be shadows cast by hollows under the eyes. These hollows develop as a normal part of the ageing process in some individuals and are a result of the loss fatty tissue under the eye area.
As a person grows older, we can find that the vessel walls in the skin under the eye also weaken with age, leading to plasma fluid leakage from the vascular bed which results in interstitial fluid accumulation that manifests as under the eye bags. Aging skin around the eyes also becomes less elastic which contributes to the droopiness of the under the eye bags.
When dealing with an area so delicate there are some simple things you can do to ensure you’re looking after your eye area.
Caring for the eye area
- Always use gentle, supportive pressure and touch around the eye area
- Use products specifically designed to support this delicate area
- Always remove your eye makeup
- Check use by dates on mascara
- Wear sunglasses that cover the whole eye area
- Take regular “eye breaks” from computer screens
- Incorporate pressure points and drainage moves when applying eye cream
Why we recommend the Ultraceuticals Eye care range
Ultra C FIRMING
- Ascorbic Acid 5%
- Microelastin Peptide – Acts a messenger molecule designed specifically to repair age related skin damage.
- Micro Collangin Peptide – Powerful messenger peptides that act to repair and restructure the cutaneous damage that occurs during the ageing process.
- Hyaluronic Spheres – these tiny spheres fill in lines providing long lasting hydration.
Ultra-Reti™ microparticles- Retinol helps to inhibit UV-B stimulated melanogenesis by reducing the expression of tyrosinase, thereby helping to minimise the production of melanin.
NEW Ultra-Reti™ Microparticles-Unique stabilising ingredient technology designed to protect and enhance delivery of Retinol (Vitamin A) to the skin, improving the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles through the stimulation of GAG & Hyaluronic Acid production.
Sodium Hyaluronate- improve hydration levels in the skin surface and improve the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 – This anti ageing gem imitates the human body’s own mechanism to produce collagen & inhibits collagen degradation while also helping to stimulate GAG & Hyaluronic Acid production. Acetyl Octapeptide-3 helps reduce the depth of wrinkle around the eye caused by the contraction of muscles during facial expression.
So this month let us treat you to these amazing products in store. With every Lash extension and Lift treatment we would like to offer you a FREE Booster Eye Treatment. So you can feel the effects first hand!